Saturday, September 23, 2017

Fall Fun Series: Fall Fashion

Obviously my blog is no stranger to a good fashion post. All summer long it's difficult to be comfortable wearing much other than tees/tanks and shorts or lightweight dresses and skirts. But as the first official day of fall is finally upon us and the mornings grow crisp and cool, I am enjoying the coziness of layers, knits and all the fall trappings.
Recently I have been very into leggings but I actually wasn't always. Before a few months ago I only had a few pairs of black and gray leggings to wear with dresses in the winter. Now I've clearly lost my mind and am the proud owner of 20+ pairs of fun printed leggings and several more pairs in solid colors. Seriously, if a whole truckload of leggings was suddenly dropped at my house I would dive into their buttery softness with reckless abandon. Beats an old dead leaf pile any day!

But I do like to add personal touches to any outfit and I try to avoid getting stuck in a leggings and a top rut. My favorite things to wear with leggings are long drapey tunic tops or fit and flare dresses that fall just above the knee.
For super casual wear I like to wear tshirt dresses and tunics with leggings, boots and flats and accessories would be a scarf or a long necklace and a headband or knit hat. If it was extra cold I would also add a cardigan.
I wore this super casual outfit out to pick up a quick meal earlier this week.
Owl leggings, headband, boots: Walmart 
Tunic: wish.com
Scarf: handmade by a friend 

Since the weather is still currently fluctuating between warm and cool I've
found it important to dress in layers that are easy to take on and off. Here's a gorgeously patterned Lularoe Madison skirt that I paired with a top from Walmart. I just add a cozy cardi and this vibrant scarf that I made when there's a chill in the air.

Finally I wore my ultimate fall outfit with this incredibly soft pair of fox print leggings from Fabulegs, a mustard tunic tee and a lovely thrifted cardigan. I really love this look; it was supremely comfortable and kept me at just the right temperature.

My favorite fall must have pieces generally include:

Cardigans (waterfall or button up styles)
Fit & flare knee length dresses or flowy shift dresses
Drapey tees and tunic tops
Fitted skirts with loose blouses or flared skirts with fitted tops
Skinny jeans in dark blue or black
Leggings (printed and solid)
Printed tapered fit jogger pants
Tights (for dressier outfits)
Boot socks
Ankle boots
Tall riding boots
Ballet style flats 
Scarves (both fabric and knit)
Slouchy Beanies and pom pom hats
Wide brim felt hats
Earrings 
Long necklaces 

I enjoy all colors but in fall I particularly find myself drawn to jewel tones such as burgundy, plum, russet orange, mustard yellow, sapphire blue, olive green and neutrals like black, gray and cognac brown or tan.

Being cute, comfy and cozy are my main fall fashion priorities. Since I don't attend a school or job with a dress code, I get to wear whatever I like whenever I feel like it and I really enjoy that freedom. I look at getting dressed as a creative process and it brings me joy.

What are your fall fashion staples? Do you find yourself drawn to certain colors and styles this time of year? 

Please share your favorite outfit ideas in the comments and don't forget to hop on over to the other Fall Fun Series bloggers' pages! Happy Fall Y'all!

Amanda at Thrifty Polished (thriftypolished.blogspot.ca)

Angela at Angela Kay (angelazen.wordpress.com)

Jay at The Candle Enthusiast (thecandleenthusiast.wordpress.com)

Julie at The Redolent Mermaid (theredolentmermaid.com)

Michelle at Melting With Michelle (meltingwithmichelle.com)

Sandra at Finger Candy (fingercandy.ca or fingercandy.wordpress.com)

6 comments:

  1. So cute. :) I love to do the leggings and tunic thing - I've got about a million of these swing tees from ModCloth that actually function more like a dress with a pair of leggings, kind of like your mustard-coloured top; love that style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing about Fall is definitely dressing cozy and adding layers! :D I seriously need to invest in some cute leggings, they look SO comfortable. Where is the best place to buy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite leggings brands are Fabulegs fabulegsmelissa.com, No Boundaries from Walmart, and Lularoe purchased on Ebay or Leave The Woe Facebook group.

      Delete
  3. Your style is so feminine and pretty. I adore the first outfit, blue and brown is a favorite combo and of course, owls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving how coordinated your outfits are! You've got some great style. I'm afraid I'm going to wear my leggings to death this fall...
    -Angela Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great content. I have bookmarked your page. Best regards JennyP

    ReplyDelete